Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Celebrations

I am one of those people who absolutely loves my birthday. It is important to me. It is important to me to get to celebrate it even in as simple a way as ice cream and cake (yummy!). This year, I had 3 celebrations for it, which were all great!

First, my family had me come over for dinner the Sunday before my day. My mom cooked a great pork dish in cream and there was barbecue and butter rice and salad. Yum yum!

Then on Monday, I met up with some friends. Supposedly, we were just going to watch some discs together. Of course, they had already hidden (with the help of "the flash") a cake, flowers and a home made greeting card. They brought everything out at just a few minutes before midnight, so I was with good friends just as my birthday came around.

Of course, my life partner also wanted to celebrate my birthday with a special dinner. So he invited some of our closest friends to join us and eat out. It was wonderful to just sit and eat and chat and laugh and laugh and laugh over dinner and coffee.

Truly my birthday is special, and I am very blessed in my friends. I realy appreciate evryone's thougtfullness and their staying up so late to celebrate with me, even though we all had work in the morning. To: mom and dad, Pao, Myna, Ian, Maricia, Neil, Benny, Dek, Mai, Icheb, MP, Duds and Hec, thank you for my "parties". To everyone who greeted by phone, text and email, thank you for remembering.

I wonder what my birthday celebration will be like next year?

No comments:

A Mizchvz Mind