Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nails! Nails! Nails!

I love having a manicure! They make the hands look so elegant. I love colors - even the ones that make the boys go, "did you kill the one who ran over your hand?". In short, your nails look dead. I say, to each their own and nail colors are just an accessory, much like a watch or jewelry.

Anyway, one style I was never into is called french tips. I found the idea funny. Imagine, you paint your nails to look like your nail. it seemed like too much work to make your nail look like a polished version of itself.

Then my aunt gave me a DIY french nail kit. So I figured, wth, let's try it. Hmmmm....interesting. It seems to appeal to a number of people. The nice part, most people don't seem to realize I have any polish on - I guess that was the idea then hehehehe. The best part: It's really easy to do as long as you have the nail guides.

Now I'm thinking about nail tattoos. A friend was telling me about this shop in The Block that does them for about 150. You do have to have your nails done in white though before you go to them. I don't know though id 150 for something that will grow out in about two weeks is worth it. There some lovely sticker tattos and fake nails that are great though.

For those interested in how to DIY french manicure, you can take a look at these pages or websites: I like this - it has pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$150! Wow, I think I'll stick to stickers and decals. :)

I haven't heard of nail tattoos, but now I'm curious. I'm going to look into them and find out what they're made of.

Thank you very much for posting a link to My Manicure. I truly appreciate it and it's nice to make blogger friends. :)

A Mizchvz Mind