Saturday, July 21, 2007

Done With Harry Potter, At Last

If you haven't read the book yet, I bet you now wonder if he dies in the story. With so many rumors and versions floating around both on the net and off it, people haven't been sure what to believe. READ IT FOR YOURSELF! I don't post spoilers.

We reserved our copy through PHP (Pinoy Harry Potter) which had a tie up with Fully Booked. The book was in our eager hands the moment the go signal was given at 7am. My LP was very generous and allowed me to read it first. Thanks, sweetie! And yes, it's a good read.

I'm glad that JK Rowling wrote these books. I hope at some point the books can be translated into a TV series or mini series that will then do full justice to the story she wrote. The movie makers tried but it is really hard to capture in a 2 hour film all the nuances of any of the HP books.

JK Rowling, this muggle thanks you for writing the story of Harry Potter. It has made for a number of nights without sleep - when I couldn't put down the book but who cares! I'm glad magic exists somewhere.

No comments:

A Mizchvz Mind