Friday, August 10, 2007

Why Not Romance?

A couple of days ago, one of my office mates brought a romance book to the office. She instantly got teased by all the boys in the team. They would go so far as to read out loud (with feelings!) portions of the book and always get the perfect spot! They would get the steamy scenes in the book. As one of them said, it's the most read part of the book.

Girls always get teased about reading romances, but I ask, why not? Guys read their war stories and the like. To each his own. Besides, it can actually be educational. Any guy who wants to improve his relationship (and be a better lover) should take the time to read a few romance books. Don't believe me? Just try reading a few. No, you don't need to read in public (LOL). Of course you can always do what my sister does. She wraps her books in opaque paper so no one can see the covers and no one will know what she's reading unless they ask or pick up the book.

There are many great authors out there but I do enjoy reading the works of Julie Garwood and Johanna Lindsey. They are not wham, bam thank you ma'am people and their stories actually have some humor. I love "The Secret" of Julie Garwood. The opening scene had me laughing my head off. Johanna Lindsey's Malory's are absolutely lovable but I think I like "Tender Rebel" best.

The new authors may be more explicit in their descriptions - but on the whole, the stories are usually good even without the scenes. This is useful for guys who get told by their women that they have no idea what fore play(yes I know there is no space! Just making sure I don't get blocked from my ads by this one word!) is .

Romance....we can never have enough. Why not read some?

No comments:

A Mizchvz Mind