Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Seinfeld Moment


Sometimes I spot the funniest things. As I left the elevator, another person just entered the building. I guess he didn't see me because he very swiftly lifted his arm, checked for wetness and then smelled himself! Yes, you read right. He was checking his stink level. Now I'm all for ensuring one's deodorant is not six dwarves, dead rat or unwashed socks under the bed but there are more subtle ways to find out if you've been let down by your current brand and now have that corn chip stink.

I had a hard time keeping a straight face as he passed me. Thankfully he didn't stink - at least not enough to be noticeable in the corridor in front of the elevators. I have to admit though that even if he looked like this:



I would have said "yuck!" if he smelled like a skunk.

Anyway, I then hopped into a cab to take me home. I thought I'd gotten a good one since it was from a taxi fleet that normally has great service. No prob with the driving - true; but I thank goodness for windows that you can roll down manually and let the air in.

"Why ?" you ask. Have you ever seen that episode of Seinfeld where they talk about BO? It was that kind of moment. I didn't want to embarrass the driver but the stink plus the icky sweet scent of the My Shaldan orange air freshener was turning me green. I quickly lowered the window about 1 1/2 inches so that I could get some of that quickly moving smog into the cab and hopefully some of the stink out!Fortunately it was a very short cab ride and I am safely away from the stinking taxi. I am happy to report that the odor did not transfer to my hair or clothes but stayed in the cab with its driver. Good luck to the next passenger.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

A Mizchvz Mind