Saturday, November 03, 2007

I Want A PADD!!!

I have become an ebook addict. It soothes my need for instant gratification - no need to go to the bookshop, line up, pay and navigate home before getting to read my book. You want it, quick search on the net and voila! if you are lucky you can immediately start reading.

The thing I dislike the most about the current setup though is that I read my ebooks either on my computer- meaning a long time sitting in a chair when you want to be reclining and resting, or on my PDA phone - which mean teeny tiny letters. Neither is very comfortable or good for one's health.

Makes me long for a PADD (Personal Access Display Device) just like in Star Trek. These handy portable devices are used everywhere. They are wireless computers that are bigger than PDA's with huge capabilities. Lapatops are close but still too big and clunky. I heard that Nokia and Sony have both been trying to come up with something but haven't hit it on the head yet. I hope it gets invented soon. While I am still partial to the feel of an actual book in my hands, a data padd that I can hold easily and use to read comfortably would be cool!

No comments:

A Mizchvz Mind